- Rappahannock County Democrats’ General Meeting Agenda, 2/14/17
- Find your voting district and representatives here
- Upcoming Rappahannock County Democrats Meeting
- Letter from Jane Dittmar and an op-ed (analysis on 2016 campaign in the 5th district)
- Lobby Day for Redistricting Reform 2017
- March in Woodstock for Peace and Justice
- A note from RCDC Chair Ross O’Donoghue
- President Obama: “No matter what happens, the sun will rise in the morning”
- Hillary Clinton’s Note to Us All
- Hillary Clinton’s Concession Speech
- Bernie Sander’s Statement on Donald Trump
- Jane Dittmar’s Concession Speech
- Rappahannock County Election Results
- Election Night Party!
- Need Some Yard Signs?
- Are you ready to vote?
- Virginia voter-registration deadline extended through Friday
- Dittmar Campaign Denounces Sleazy Republican Charges
- Virginia voter registration for November 8 election ends 10/17/16 (EXTENDED through Friday 10/21)
- An Interview with Democrat Jane Dittmar, 5th District Candidate
- Audio (2)
- Candidates (87)
- Caucuses (6)
- Community Events and Services (31)
- Democratic Party (119)
- Elections (69)
- Events (114)
- Festive Progressives (15)
- Get out the vote! (11)
- Humor (4)
- Issues (74)
- Campaign Finance (5)
- Climate Change (4)
- Defense (4)
- Economy (12)
- Education (9)
- Energy (4)
- Environment (14)
- Equality (3)
- Gun Safety (2)
- Health/Nutrition (5)
- Healthcare (12)
- Immigration (2)
- Jobs (3)
- Justice (3)
- Medicare & Medicaid (2)
- Minimum Wage (1)
- Redistricting (2)
- Social Security (1)
- Women's rights (3)
- Letters to Editors (3)
- Media (1)
- Meetings (17)
- Our elected officials (10)
- Our Neighboring Committees (16)
- Outreach (15)
- President Obama (22)
- Rappahannock County (57)
- RCDC business (12)
- RCDC Events (18)
- RCDC General Meetings (12)
- RCDC Special Meetings (7)
- Redistricting (6)
- Services (2)
- Training (3)
- Uncategorized (11)
- Veterans (2)
- Virginia (71)
- Volunteering/Activism (30)
- Voting (12)
- Yard Sale 2014 (2)
February 13, 2017 – 7:27 pm
RAPPAHANNOCK COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE
FEBRUARY 14, 2017
Approval of Minutes from January 2017
Expressions of feelings against Trump- Bus trip to D.C. & follow-up meeting scheduled for theater on Saturday.
Ross reiterates that our goals for the year are simple:
1. Elect Democratic Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General
2. Find someone to run against Weibert and get him/her elected
3. Work on redistricting in 2021 Read More »
January 29, 2017 – 10:47 pm
National: What’s your voting district? Who are your U.S Senators and Representatives? Find out here: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/VA
State: What’s your voting district? Who are your Va. State Senators and Representatives? Find out here: http://whosmy.virginiageneralassembly.gov/
January 18, 2017 – 3:37 pm
Dear Rappahannock County Democrats,
Happy New Year! I want to thank you once more for investing in my 2016 campaign. Despite the outcome, your contribution helped us inspire nearly 150,000 people to support our values and vote for representation that promised to be responsive and respectful of all people.
As we begin the New Year, I feel renewed and eager to continue our efforts to ensure a vibrant future for our children and our Commonwealth. 2017 is important for Virginia as we work to rebuild a Democratic majority in the state legislature and strive to elect another Democratic governor.
I strongly appeal to you to join me in supporting the efforts of David Toscano, the Democratic Leader in the House of Delegates with whom I will be working, as he seeks to elect a slate of qualified candidates to the General Assembly and efforts to elect a Democratic Governor, Lieutenant Governor, and Attorney General.
On, on in 2017!
P.S. Please find below an op-ed that offers an analysis of the 2016 campaign in the 5th District.
January 17, 2017 – 9:40 pm
January 17, 2017 – 8:40 pm
November 11, 2016 – 12:16 pm
I could not be prouder of the Rappahannock Democrats who canvassed, mailed and called their friends and neighbors to turn out the vote for a strong presidential candidate and a great congressional candidate. Though disappointed by the election results, Rappahannock Democrats will continue their efforts to clean up the county roads, stage a first class yard sale and, through their numerous volunteer efforts, display their love of Rappahannock.
November 11, 2016 – 12:08 am
November 10, 2016 – 11:49 pm
On 10/9/16, Secretary Clinton sent the following email to her supporters:
Last night, I congratulated Donald Trump and offered to work with him on behalf of our country. I hope that he will be a successful president for all Americans.
This is not the outcome we wanted or we worked so hard for, and I’m sorry we did not win this election for the values we share and the vision we hold for our country.
But I feel pride and gratitude for this wonderful campaign that we built together — this vast, diverse, creative, unruly, energized campaign. You represent the best of America, and being your candidate has been one of the greatest honors of my life.
I know how disappointed you feel, because I feel it too. And so do tens of millions of Americans who invested their hopes and dreams in this effort. This is painful, and it will be for a long time. But I want you to remember this: Our campaign was never about one person or even one election. It was about the country we love — and about building an America that’s hopeful, inclusive, and big-hearted.
We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America — and I always will. And if you do, too, then we must accept this result — and then look to the future. Read More »