RCDC CALL TO CAUCUS TO NOMINATE DELEGATES TO THE 2018 FIFTH CONGRESSIONAL DISTRICT NOMINATING CONVENTION
1. Call. Pursuant to the authority provided by the Virginia Democratic Party Plan, the Rappahannock County Democratic Committee hereby calls an Assembled Caucus to be held at 9:30 am on April 14, 2018, at the Washington Schoolhouse, 567 Mount Salem Avenue, Washington VA 22747.
2. Incorporated Documents. All appropriate provisions of the Virginia Democratic Party Plan (“State Party Plan”), as amended, and the Call to Convention issued by the Fifth District Committee of the Democratic Party of Virginia dated February 26, 2018, are incorporated into this Call by reference and made a part hereof.
3. Purposes and Allocation. The purpose of the Caucus shall be to elect four delegates and two alternates to the Fifth District Democratic Committee Nominating Convention (“District Convention”) to be held at The Firemen’s Sports Arena, 1328 Zion Hill Road, Farmville VA 23901 at 11 a.m. on May 5, 2018.
4. Participation and Outreach. Participation in Virginia’s Democratic delegate selection process is open to all registered voters who wish to participate as Democrats. All meetings shall be open to all members of the Democratic Party regardless of race, sex, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, ethnic identity, sexual orientation, economic status, or disability, and all meetings should be publicized fully. The Rappahannock County Democratic Committee shall conduct outreach to encourage full participation by all Democrats in the delegate nomination process, including notice, publicity and education programs. Such outreach should be directed to all Democratic constituencies, including groups such as ethnic minorities, young people, persons over 65 years of age, lesbians and gay men, persons with a high school education or less, persons with disabilities and persons of low and moderate income.
5. Rules. The Rappahannock County Democratic Committee shall establish Temporary rules for the caucus in conformity with the Fifth District Democratic Committee’s Call and the State Party Plan. A copy of the rules shall be furnished to any Democrat requesting such information. (more…)
Watch this informative video on caucusing to pick a nominee.