RAPPAHANNOCK COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE
FEBRUARY 14, 2017
Approval of Minutes from January 2017
Expressions of feelings against Trump- Bus trip to D.C. & follow-up meeting scheduled for theater on Saturday.
Ross reiterates that our goals for the year are simple:
1. Elect Democratic Governor, Lt. Governor, and Attorney General
2. Find someone to run against Weibert and get him/her elected
3. Work on redistricting in 2021
Talking Points for our anti-Weibert Candidate:
1. Taxes- Hank will explain the tie between the cutting of funds to a connection to rise in property taxes. This poses a burden on the County. Attack the “no tax” pledge.
2. Health Care Insurance- Gut the ACA and the people will lose.
Need to Find a Candidate:Think and make suggestions. John McCarthy?, King? From Bealeton
Blue Grass Brunch- April 1st has been reserved at the Firehouse. Ross is looking for speakers. Head of NAACP, Cornell Brooks has been suggested. Ross will contact him. Perriello and Herring also are possibilities, if they would come.
Gadino’s- May 28th is O.K.
Yard Sale- Labor Day Weekend is O.K.
Discussion of possible changes to our Membership Form. Copies will be distributed.